Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Future Machines: Real Life Future


I must be a machine or I have a ‘bittersweet’ heart. I watched this movie with some other girls and they got all sappy for the way the ending turned out I liked it but nothing worth getting emotional over. I really enjoyed this movie considering the reputation I hear of Woody Allen and how much of a creep human he was. I do like his combination of comedy, drama, and fiction I thought it was put together well and really made the movie ‘pop’. It is a love story, real world vs. the world of Hollywood / screen. I was thinking about this story idea, the bigger basic story concept… how a man leaves his world to be with this woman. Sounds a bit familiar! The story line of stereotypical forming relationship in most of today’s romantic female viewpoint sitcoms but kind of true to what women want (a man to come to change to their tastes or location i.e. less work/change for the woman)

Rita: Go with Tom! He's got no flaws!

Its ironic how if he had no flaws then how is him not being real not a flaw. I don’t know where these other characters minds were but they mostly seem a bit for the moment and not so much for the long term future. Kind of this go for it attempt. I live for the moment but I also don’t like to look at relationships with people as a life moment thing to have. I guess it depends where you place what is important to you. what's life all about anyway?
- Jennifer K

No comments: